John P. Ferguson
John Ferguson, who served as president and chairman of the board of directors for Cobb Cole, P.A., from 2010 through 2014, joined the firm through the law clerk program in 1991 and has continuously practiced with Cobb Cole since that time.
While Mr. Ferguson was born at Halifax Hospital in Daytona Beach, he grew up in Bradenton, Florida, and returned to the Halifax area with his wife, Kelly Ferguson, after graduating from the Florida State College of Law. Mrs. Ferguson is a real estate agent with Geri Westfall Real Estate. Mr. Ferguson and his wife have two children and their first grandchild, residing in Holly Hill, FL.
Mr. Ferguson currently serves on the board of directors for Advent Health Daytona Beach, Volusia Manufacturer’s Association, Florida Hospital Memorial Foundation, and for Team Volusia Economic Development Corporation.
Recognized by Martindale-Hubbell for High Ethical Standing, Mr. Ferguson holds a distinguished rating in 2022 from peer rated professional achievement.
Mr. Ferguson practices in the areas of merger and acquisitions, business organization and transactions, franchise law, commercial finance, and general corporate and contract law.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Franchise Law
- Florida, 1993
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Honors and Awards
- Above and Beyond Award (Team Volusia Economic Development Corporation)
- Louis Fifer Friend of Industry Award (Volusia Manufacturers Association)
- Marvin Samuels Award for Outstanding Service to the Community
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Business Law Section, Florida Bar
- Administrative Law Section, Florida Bar
- Halifax Area Civic League
- Volusia Manufacturers Association, Board of Directors and Legal Counsel
- Board of Directors, Daytona Beach Community Foundation , Member and Past Chairman, Present
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Eagle Athletic Association, Member of Executive Board, Present
- Team Volusia Economic Development Corporation, Past Chairman and Current Legal Counsel
- Bikeweek 75th Anniversary Committee for the Dayona Regional Chamber of Commerce, Chairman
- Daytona Beach Racing and Recreational Facilities District, Secretary and Treasurer
- St. James Episcopal Board of Trustees, Past Chairman
- Board of Directors, Futures, Inc. (Education Foundation for Volusia County Public Schools), Past Chairman
- Daytona Beach Regional Area Chamber of Commerce, Past Chairman
- Ormond Main Street, Inc., Past President
- Kiwanis Club of Downtown Daytona Beach , Past President
- Advent Health Daytona Beach Board of Directors
- Advent Health Daytona Beach Foundation Board and Past Chair