Scott W. Cichon
Mr. Cichon is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator and a Certified Mediator for the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. He is also Board Certified in Business Litigation and a former Certified Public Accountant. In 1989, Mr. Cichon was also admitted into the Supreme Court of the United States.
A native of Daytona Beach, Mr. Cichon graduated as valedictorian from Seabreeze High School in 1977 prior to continuing his education at the University of Florida where he graduated with high honors with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting. Mr. Cichon graduated from the University of Florida Law School in 1984 with high honors. While in law school, he served as an editor of the University of Florida Law Review. Mr. Cichon practiced law for four years in Palm Beach County, Florida, before joining Cobb Cole in 1988. He has been a partner in the firm since 1992.
Actively involved in various professional associations and organizations, Mr. Cichon is a member of the Florida Bar Association, a Volusia Civil Trial Lawyers Association Past President, Volusia Home Builders Association Past President, Volusia County Mediation Services Board of Directors Past President, Past President of the Bethune-Cookman University Board of Counselors, and past Board Member of the Heart of Volusia, Inc.
Mr. Cichon practices commercial litigation concentrating on actions involving real property, foreclosures, secured transactions, debtor/creditor law, landlord-tenant disputes, mediation, sales, eminent domain, construction law, broker/customer relations and all manner of contracts.
When away from the office, Mr. Cichon can be found at the local gym or cycling long distances in the Daytona Beach area.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Collections & Foreclosures
- Commercial Litigation
- Condominium/HOA Law
- Construction Law
- Real Property Litigation
- Trial Practice
- Probate Litigation
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Mediator, Florida Supreme Court
- Board Certified in Business Litigation
- Certified Mediator, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Formerly a Certified Public Accountant
- Florida, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1988
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Association
- Volusia Civil Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Volusia Home Builders Association, Member and Past Director, Present
- Bethune-Cookman University Board of Counselors, Past President
- Board of Directors, Heart of Volusia, Inc., Past President
- Volusia County Mediation Services Board of Directors, Past President
- Volusia County Bar Association