Mr. Welch was raised in Ormond Beach, Florida, and after graduation from Seabreeze Senior High School, he enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. During his enlistment, he was stationed primarily in California and was deployed to the Persian Gulf and Somalia, playing an active role in Operations Desert Shield and Restore Hope. Having proudly served his country, Mr. Welch then attended the University of Central Florida while managing high-volume restaurants. Mr. Welch was on the President’s List or Dean’s List every semester, was a member of Phi Alpha Delta pre-law fraternity, and was elected to the Golden Key National Honor Society. Mr. Welch was also the recipient of the Phi Alpha Delta Scholarship and the Department of Criminal Justice/Legal Studies Certificate of Achievement. He graduated in 1998 with a Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies.
After graduation, Mr. Welch embarked on his legal education at the University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law. He was awarded the Book Award for the Pro Se Clinic in recognition of achieving the highest mark. In 2001, Mr. Welch received his Juris Doctor degree and returned to his hometown to launch his legal career.
Mr. Welch is a past president of the Volusia County Bar Young Lawyers Division, was a member of the Board of Directors of The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division and is a past president of the Volusia County Bar Association. He is general counsel and serves on the Board of Directors of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Volusia County, Inc. and is past chair of PACE Center for Girls Volusia – Flagler, which provides young women with an opportunity for a better future through education, advocacy, and counseling. Mr. Welch is general counsel to MOAS, Museum of Arts and Sciences, headquartered in Daytona Beach. He is a graduate of Leadership Daytona Class XXIV and Ormond Beach Leadership Class II.
Mr. Welch represents clients in all aspects of real estate, including residential and commercial transactions, in land acquisition and development, from contract to closing. He is a licensed title insurance agent. He represents numerous banks and mortgage companies with financing and loan restructuring. Mr. Welch regularly provides legal services to commercial landlords and property management companies.
When he isn’t focused on his clients and closing deals, Mr. Welch enjoys music, military history, boating, cooking, traveling and, most importantly, spending time with his family.
• Florida, 2002
• U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2002
• U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2002
• U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2011
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, pro hac vice, 2013
• Honorable Discharge, United States Marine Corps, 1994
• Good Conduct Medal
• Combat Action Medal
• Marine of the Quarter
• Book Award – Pro Se Clinic
• Phi Alpha Delta Scholarship
• Old Republic National Title Insurance Company through Attorneys’ Title Fund Services, LLC, Approved Title Agent
• Dunn Blount Inn of Court
• Golden Key National Honor Society
• Veterans of Foreign Wars
• Leadership Daytona, Class XXIV, Graduate
• Ormond Leadership, Class II, Graduate
• Volusia County Bar Association, Past President
• Volusia County Bar Association, Past Treasurer and Young Lawyers Section President
• Seventh Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee, Chairman
• Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, Seventh Circuit Representative, 2005-2009
• Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, Ex Officio, 2009 – 2017
• Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, Affiliate Outreach Co-Chair
• Phi Alpha Delta
Prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results.