There is a lot that goes into preparing for court dates, sending divorce petitions, child custody, and splitting assets. You need an experienced divorce lawyer to assist you in navigating the divorce process.
The attorneys of Cobb Cole provide a wide range of valuable counsel, insight, and clarity during the divorce process. We have represented clients around the DeLand, Daytona Beach, and the Central Florida area since 1925.
Throughout the years, our clients can attest that Cobb Cole has been an invaluable benefit during a divorce. We aid our clients in crafting the best methods to divide marital assets by utilizing the best formula to protect their privacy and interests.
With a wide depth of legal counsels within our law firm. Our lawyers can identify exposures ahead of time to protect your interests throughout your divorce proceeding.
Handling All Aspects Of Divorce
- High-Asset Divorce. Clients with a high net worth or extensive assets encounter unique challenges in a divorce. It is essential to handle all property, business, and tax issues proactively. We can help secure accurate business valuations and helping you plan financially for life after divorce.
- High-Conflict Divorce. While all Daytona Beach divorce cases involve some degree of conflict, certain cases fall into the category of “high-conflict” divorce. Our attorneys have qualified experience in handling difficult spouses who are disobliging when it comes to court orders. Our expertise allows us to quickly overrule the unruly spouse and recommend other professionals, like forensic accountants, mental health counselors, and parenting coordinators.
- Collaborative Divorce. Our Family Law attorneys are trained in the collaborative process to assist on any legal matters. Our unique collaborative process allows both parties to work with a “team” of professionals who help resolve & cordially dissolve their marriage.
To see if this process may be suited for your situation, please refer to the Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals website at collaborative practice Florida
Our experienced attorneys combine rigid representation with a pragmatic approach to resolving and litigating family law matters. Through even the most difficult emotional circumstances surrounding family and marital legal issues, this includes:
- Prenuptial & Post-Nuptial Agreements. Preemptively protect your financial interests with a strategic plan, including prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
- Equitable Distribution. Structure a plan to effectuate the division of assets and liabilities in an advantageous way to you.
- Alimony & Child Support. Negotiate and litigate to protect your financial interests as they pertain to spousal support (alimony) and child support.
Alimony is also known as spousal support or maintenance. If there is a crucial wage gap or one spouse legally proves that they are unable to financially provide for themselves. Financial support can only be awarded by a judge in a court of law or certain circumstantial elements.
Some factors that determine alimony are:
- Duration of the marriage
- Quality of life after divorce
- Age and health conditions of each spouse
- Earnings of each party, including education levels and employment skills.
- How much money each party could earn reasonably each month
Divorce in DeLand
Did you know that in 2020, about 1,706 couples in Volusia County have filed for divorce? Deland, Florida has been labeled as the 63rd city in Florida with the highest divorce rates. There are no grounds for divorce required in the state of Florida.
A marriage can be ended when spouses declare that their broken relationship cannot be restored. Florida requires that a person must have lived in Florida for six months before seeking a divorce in the state.
There are many elements that go into the process of a divorce. While it may seem stressful but it’s possible that it can be a smooth process. If you and your spouse calmly work together, the divorce process can hold a lot of prominent advantages for you.
Cobb Cole’s team of divorce attorneys are prepared to help you fight a battle to make your life easier. We will work with you to craft a parenting plan that uniquely fits your family.
To schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys, please call our Daytona Beach Office at 386-255-8171 or Deland Office at 386-736-7700 or complete the intake form below. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.