Preparing for court appearances, mailing divorce papers, determining child custody, and dividing assets are all tedious activities. You need an experienced attorney in the Lake Mary area to assist you in navigating the divorce process.
Since 1925 Cobb Cole Attorneys at Law have been helping residents in Lake Mary, Florida find resolutions to their divorce. Holding years of experience, our law firm understand that there is no standard approach to divorce and family law. We represent our clients to determine the best way to divide marital assets while preserving their privacy and interests.
Our law firm provides a wide variety of legal services. Our legal guidance can anticipate possible hazards, helping you to protect your rights during the divorce procedures.
Handling All Aspects Of Lake Mary Divorce
- High-Asset Divorce. Clients with a high net worth or substantial assets face distinct obstacles throughout a divorce. It is critical to deal with any property, commercial, and tax concerns as soon as possible. We offer legal aid in obtaining accurate company appraisals and planning financially for life after divorce.
- High-Conflict Divorce. While all Lake Mary divorce cases contain some level of dispute, certain instances are classified as “high-conflict” divorce issues. Our attorneys have extensive expertise in dealing with challenging spouses who are disorderly to court orders. Our knowledge enables us to immediately override the obstinate spouse and refer them to other specialists such as forensic accountants, mental health counselors, and parenting coordinators.
- Collaborative Divorce. Our attorneys are trained in the collaborative process to assist in any legal matters. Our unique collaborative process allows both parties to work with a “team” of professionals who help resolve & cordially dissolve their marriage.
To see if this process may be suited for your situation, please refer to the Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals website at collaborative practice Florida
This Process May Be Suited For Your Situation
Please refer to the Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals website at collaborative practice Florida
Our professional attorneys combine tight representation with a pragmatic approach when resolving and litigating Lake Mary divorce issues. This covers, even in the most extreme emotional situations, legal matters regarding family and marriage:
- Prenuptial & Post-Nuptial Agreements. Preemptively protect your financial interests with a strategic plan, including prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
- Equitable Distribution. Structure a plan to effectuate the division of assets and liabilities in an advantageous way to you.
- Alimony & Child Support. Negotiate and litigate to protect your financial interests as they pertain to spousal support (alimony) and child support.
Divorce in Seminole County
With a divorce rate of 13.7 percent, Florida is known for having the fourth highest divorce rate in the US. Lake Mary, FL has been ranked as the 16th most divorcing city in the state. In the state of Florida, no grounds for divorce are necessary.
You should not rely exclusively on state laws because they differ and may not apply to you depending on your scenario. Updating your estate planning as soon as possible is the greatest method to guarantee that your assets go to whomever you want them go to.
There are several factors that contribute to the divorce process. While it may appear to be a difficult procedure, it is conceivable that it will be a straightforward one. If you and your spouse work together peacefully, the divorce procedure can provide you with several significant benefits.
Family Law Matters
Family law is a discipline of law that focuses only on family matters and domestic relations. Family law attorneys focus their practice on aiding clients who are going through a divorce and the issues that emerge as a result of divorces, such as the partition of real estate properties, child custody and support, and alimony.
Changes that need to be made in your estate planning are sometimes ignored, but they are as vital. Most individuals in Lake Mary would agree that having their ex-spouse inherit their possessions or make life and death choices for them is the last thing they desire.
There are four elements of a powerful estate plan; this consists of:
- A Financial and Healthcare Power of Attorney
- A Living Will
- A Trust
- A Will
Both parties must agree on child custody, time-sharing agreements, and child support after the divorce or annulment. Depending on the circumstances, child custody in Lake Mary, FL might be decided as exclusive custody of one parent or joint custody of both parents in line with an agreed-upon timeframe.
If one or both parents are unwilling or unable to adequately care for their children, the court might issue a legal ruling granting guardianship to grandparents or legal family guardians. We do not want you to feel isolated. You may rely on our family law and divorce attorneys to assist you with every step of the process.
This website provides only general information, it does not constitute any legal advice. The preferred method to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact our family law attorneys.
Cobb Cole’s team of divorce attorneys are prepared to help you fight a battle to make your life easier. We will work with you to craft a parenting plan that uniquely fits your family.
To schedule a free consultation phone call for legal representation with one of our attorneys, please call our law office located in Daytona Beach, FL at 386-255-8171 or Deland, FL Office at 386-736-7700 or complete the intake form below. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.