Divorce can be an emotionally charged legal process. From dividing property to resolving child custody, the process of divorce can increase anxiety, anger, and stress, especially when faced alone. Regardless of your individual motivations for seeking a divorce, it’s critical to understand the unique implications that the decision has on both parties and how hiring an experienced attorney can benefit you.
Since 1925 Cobb Cole Attorneys at Law have been helping residents in the New Smyrna Beach area find resolutions to their divorce. With years of experience, our attorneys understand that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to divorce.
A traditional divorce can take weeks if not months to complete. The drawn-out process of divorce can increase tension, stress, and anger for both parties involved. Therefore, other alternatives such as a no-court divorce have become more sought after. This can expedite the process allowing you to get a divorce within 45 days without attending court.
Handling All Aspects of Divorce
- High-Asset Divorce: Not all divorces are equal, and the more money involved, the more complicated it can become. Our attorneys always tailor services to our clients’ needs and negotiate an ideal settlement for them based on their divorce objectives. Whether it be conserving assets, protecting children from conflict, or planning for financial stability after a divorce.
- High-Conflict Divorce: Although many divorce proceedings in New Smyrna Beach, FL are resolved with little conflict, there are instances where some divorces can be categorized as “high-conflict”. Our divorce lawyers are experienced in handling unruly and uncooperative spouses. To make these situations more manageable, we can recommend other professionals such as forensic accountants, mental health counselors, and parenting coordinators.
- Collaborative Divorce: Through collaboration, both spouses and legal teams are easily able to come to resolutions regarding the divorce proceedings. A collaborative divorce can make the situation less stressful and easier for everyone involved. Our attorneys are trained in this delicate process to ensure the best outcome for both parties involved.
Our Legal Counsel Is Dedicated To Providing The Highest Quality Of Representation
We approach each matter intending to obtain the best possible resolution of your legal problem within the bounds of the law and resolve litigation matters involving family and marital legal issues, including:
- Prenuptial & Post-Nuptial Agreements: Prenuptial agreements are just one way to protect yourself financially during and after marriage.
- Equitable Distribution: Develop a plan to divide your assets and liabilities to achieve the most beneficial situation possible.
- Alimony & Child Support: Resolve issues related to child support and alimony through negotiation and litigation.
Divorce in New Smyrna Beach, FL
Did you know that in 2020, about 1,706 couples in Volusia County have filed for divorce? There are no grounds for divorce required in the state of Florida.
A marriage can be ended when spouses declare that their broken relationship cannot be restored. Florida requires that a person must have lived in Florida for six months before seeking a divorce in the state.
There are many elements that go into the process of a divorce. While it may seem stressful but it’s possible that it can be a smooth process. If you and your spouse calmly work together, the divorce process can hold a lot of prominent advantages for you.
Often overlooked, but just as important, are changes that need to be made in your estate planning. Most people would agree that their ex-spouse is the last person they want to inherit their assets when they die—or to have that person make life and death decisions for them.
That is exactly what can happen if these documents are not updated. While some states do have provisions designed to keep an ex-spouse from inheriting from you, they vary greatly by state and they do not apply to all of your assets.
There are four elements of a powerful estate plan; this consists of:
- A Financial and Healthcare Power of Attorney
- A Living Will
- A Trust
- A Will
At Cobb Cole, our New Symrna Beach divorce attorneys will work aggressively to protect your children throughout your divorce. We also offer services in child custody pertaining to parenting plans and timesharing.
Cobb Cole’s family law attorneys can help you create a parenting plan that fits your unique circumstances and family dynamic. Time is of the essence when appealing a court order. If you need guidance and assistance during your divorce, contact our local offices to schedule a consultation at (386)255-8171 for Daytona Beach and (386)736-7700 for Deland.