Family law encompasses an extensive range of legal services. Therefore, you need a family attorney you can trust—someone who will look out for your best interests and help you protect the ones you love most. Our experienced attorneys at Cobb Cole have been representing Ormond Beach families in their time of need for more than 95 years. While each case is unique, we handle all our family law cases with compassion and honesty to help you through the difficult times that lie ahead.
Cobb Cole is a highly regarded and results-oriented law firm that practices throughout Ormond Beach, Florida. Our attorneys provide our clients with exceptional legal representation in a wide range of family law matters, including divorce, child custody, child support, and much more such as:
- Spousal Support/Alimony: Whether you want to collect spousal support or if you wish to avoid paying it, we can help.
- Child Custody, Parenting Plans, & Timesharing: If you are concerned that your rights as a parent might be threatened, call an experienced Cobb Cole family law attorney to help you.
- Child Support: Many people believe that the amount of child support they pay or receive is based upon what each party can afford to pay. This is not so because, by Florida statute, the court has to apply the child support guidelines when setting the amount of child support. A party can seek a deviation from the guideline amount by filing a motion with the court, but specific factors can be asserted to get a deviation.
- Enforcement & Modification: When faced with issues concerning child custody or visitation rights modification, you will need to consult with an experienced Ormond Beach family law attorney. Our family law attorneys at Cobb Cole have the experience, knowledge, and skill set to successfully advocate for modifications of current child custody and visitation orders. Whether you would like to modify an existing order that will more appropriately reflect the current circumstances or if you are seeking to enforce one that has not yet been complied with, our family law attorneys can help.
- Paternity: It is imperative that the parents of a child born out-of-wedlock have an attorney who understands family law. Multiple issues must be addressed when the parents are not married, including timesharing and child support issues that need to be discussed in a paternity action. Both parents need to understand their rights and the support obligations that each of them has for the child or children.
- Pre-Marital (Prenup) & Post-Marital Agreements: A prenuptial or postnuptial agreement can act as an insurance policy to protect what matters most to you with proper planning. When making significant decisions about marriage, divorce, or estate planning, you will need to consider your current assets, future financial interests, and any family you hope to have. It is essential to understand that a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement is not intended to convey an unfair advantage on one party over the other instead, that it is designed to identify what each party brings into the marriage and protect them from potentially losing these assets in the event of divorce, death, disability, job loss, etc.
- Relocation: You may be relocating for more comfortable housing, additional space for your children, or to reduce stress. Whatever the reason, if you are moving and you have a child that lives with you, then there is a process that must be followed whether you are custodial parents or non-custodial parents. Relocating without court approval can land you in serious trouble and can potentially lead to more issues regarding your family law case.
- Family Law Appeals: To preserve your rights to appeal an order entered by the court, you must file an appeal within the allowable time frame. The periods for filing an appeal depend on whether you were given notice of entry of the final judgment or not, and all appeals are time-sensitive. Therefore, it’s essential to seek legal representation as soon as you receive an order.
Family law can be very complex. The decisions you make can affect your entire family for years to come. If you face family law issues, it is essential to consult with an experienced attorney before making any decisions or taking action. The Cobb Cole attorneys have decades of combined experience in family law cases and litigation. We are known for our advocacy, attention to detail, and commitment to building relationships through understanding and thoughtful advice.
If you are in the midst of a family law issue, contact our offices today to schedule a consultation with one of our Ormond Beach family law attorneys. Please call our Daytona Beach Office at 386-255-8171 or Deland Office at 386-736-7700 or complete the intake form below. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.