Divorce may be a very emotional legal procedure. Divorce, from distributing property to determining child custody, can heighten worry, anger, and stress, especially when confronted alone. Regardless of your personal reasons for obtaining a divorce, it’s vital to understand the particular consequences of the choice for both parties and how hiring an expert attorney may help you.
Cobb Cole Attorneys at Law has been assisting people of the Palm Coast region in resolving their divorces since 1925. Our attorneys have years of expertise and realize that there is no one-size-fits-all strategy to divorce.
Traditional divorces can take weeks, if not months, to finalize. The protracted process of divorce can generate tension, stress, and hostility in both parties. As a result, other options, such as a no-court divorce, have grown increasingly popular. This can speed up the process, allowing you to acquire a divorce in 45 days without having to go to court.
Handling of Divorce
- High-Asset Divorce: Not all divorces are equal, and the more money involved, the more complicated it can become. Our attorneys always tailor services to our clients’ needs and negotiate an ideal settlement for them based on their divorce objectives. Whether it be conserving assets, protecting children from conflict, or planning for financial stability after a divorce.
- High-Conflict Divorce: Although many divorce proceedings in Palm Coast, FL are resolved with little conflict, there are instances where some divorces can be categorized as “high-conflict”. Our divorce lawyers are experienced in handling unruly and uncooperative spouses. To make these situations more manageable, we can recommend other professionals such as forensic accountants, mental health counselors, and parenting coordinators.
- Collaborative Divorce: Through collaboration, both spouses and legal teams are easily able to come to resolutions regarding the divorce proceedings. A collaborative divorce can make the situation less stressful and easier for everyone involved. Our attorneys are trained in this delicate process to ensure the best outcome for both parties involved.
Our legal team is committed to providing you with the best representation, thorough advice, and personalized service. We treat each case with the goal of obtaining the best possible settlement of your legal problem within the confines of the law, and we handle litigation concerning family and marital legal difficulties, such as:
- Prenuptial & Post-Nuptial Agreements: Prenuptial agreements are just one way to protect yourself financially during and after marriage.
- Equitable Distribution: Develop a plan to divide your assets and liabilities to achieve the most beneficial situation possible.
- Alimony & Child Support: Resolve issues related to child support and alimony through negotiation and litigation.
Divorce in Palm Coast, FL
In the state of Florida, no grounds for divorce are necessary.
When one of the partners states that their relationship cannot be repaired, the marriage might terminate. It’s vital to remember that in Florida, a person must have lived in the state for six months before filing for divorce.
There are many elements that go into the process of a divorce. While it may seem stressful it’s highly possible that it can be a smooth process. If you and your spouse calmly work together, the divorce process can hold a lot of prominent advantages for you.
When going through a divorce, you must make modifications to your estate planning. Most people would agree that their ex-spouse is the last person they want to inherit their possessions or make life and death choices for them.
That is precisely what might happen if these records are not kept up to date. While some states have measures in place to prevent an ex-spouse from inheriting from you, they vary widely from state to state and do not apply to all of your assets.
You should not rely on the state laws alone, as laws change and, depending on your situation, they may not apply to you. The only way to be sure your assets will go to those you want to have them is to update your estate planning—and the sooner the better.
At Cobb Cole proudly serves our divorce lawyers in Palm Coast. Our law office will work aggressively to protect your children throughout your divorce. We also offer services in child custody pertaining to parenting plans and timesharing.
Cobb Cole’s family law attorneys can help you create a parenting plan that fits your unique circumstances and family dynamic. Time is of the essence when appealing a court order. If you need guidance and assistance during your divorce, contact our local offices to schedule a consultation at (386)255-8171 for Daytona Beach and (386)736-7700 for Deland.