There is a lot that goes into preparing for court dates, sending divorce petitions, child custody, and splitting assets. You need an experienced Ponce Inlet divorce lawyer to assist you in navigating the divorce process.
The attorneys of Cobb Cole provide a wide range of valuable counsel, insight, and clarity during the divorce process. We have represented clients around the Volusia County area since 1925.
Throughout the years, our clients can attest that our law office has been an invaluable benefit during a divorce. We assist our clients in crafting the best methods to divide marital assets by utilizing the best formula to protect their privacy and interests.
With a wide depth of legal counsels within our law firm. Our lawyers can identify exposures ahead of time to protect your interests throughout your divorce proceeding.
Handling All Aspects Of Divorce
- High-Asset Divorce. Clients with a high net worth or extensive assets encounter unique challenges in a divorce. It is essential to handle all property, business, and tax issues proactively. We can help secure accurate business valuations and help you plan financially for life after divorce.
- High-Conflict Divorce. While all Ponce Inlet divorce cases involve some degree of conflict, certain cases fall into the category of “high-conflict” divorce issues. Our attorneys have qualified experience in handling difficult spouses who are disobliging when it comes to court orders. Our expertise allows us to quickly overrule the unruly spouse and recommend other professionals, like forensic accountants, mental health counselors, and parenting coordinators.
- Collaborative Divorce. Our Family Law attorneys are trained in the collaborative process to assist on any legal matters. Our unique collaborative process allows both parties to work with a “team” of professionals who help resolve & cordially dissolve their marriage.
To see if this process may be suited for your situation, please refer to the Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals website at collaborative practice Florida
Our experienced attorneys combine rigid legal representation with a pragmatic approach to resolving and litigating family law matters. Through even the most difficult emotional circumstances surrounding family and marital legal issues, this includes:
- Prenuptial & Post-Nuptial Agreements. Preemptively protect your financial interests with a strategic plan, including prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
- Equitable Distribution. Structure a plan to effectuate the division of assets and liabilities in an advantageous way to you.
- Alimony & Child Support. Negotiate and litigate to protect your financial interests as they pertain to spousal support (alimony) and child support.
Divorce In Florida
Florida is a “no-fault” divorce state, which means that neither spouse is required to establish blame or wrongdoing on the behavior of the other. Florida divorce rules are different from other states and can vary by county. Although divorce is frequently used, the term used throughout the state of Florida is “dissolution of marriage.”
All that is necessary to seek a divorce is for the marriage to be “permanently fractured”. This exercises the concept that marriage cannot be saved by any means. In Florida, at least one of the parties must have lived in the state for six months previous to filing the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage.
This petition sets out the reasons and explains what the applicant’s spouse wishes in terms of division of property, alimony, custody, and child support.
The spouse who presents the request must “notify” the act to the other spouse. Before filing for divorce, the parties are not required to live in separate households.
Family Law Matters
Family law is a branch of law that is entirely concerned with family affairs and domestic relations. Attorneys that take on family law cases concentrate their business on assisting clients going through a divorce and the difficulties that arise as a result of divorces, such as the division of real estate properties, child custody and child support, and alimony.
Both parties must agree on child custody, time-sharing agreements, and child support after the divorce or annulment. Depending on the circumstances, child support in Ponce Inlet, FL might be decided as exclusive custody of one parent or joint custody of both parents in line with an agreed-upon timeframe.
If one or both parents are unwilling or unable to adequately care for their children, the court might issue a legal ruling granting guardianship to grandparents or legal family guardians. We do not want you to feel isolated. You may rely on our family law and divorce attorneys to assist you with every step of the process.
This website provides only general information, it does not constitute any legal advice. The preferred method to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact our family law attorneys.
Cobb Cole’s team of divorce attorneys are prepared to help you fight a battle to make your life easier. We will work with you to craft a parenting plan that uniquely fits your family.
To schedule an initial consultation with one of our attorneys, please call our Daytona Beach Office at 386-255-8171 or Deland Office at 386-736-7700 or complete the intake form below. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.