No one wants to think about divorce, separation, or child custody issues. Yet, for thousands of people in the greater Port Orange area every year, these are things that need to be addressed. This is where family law services come into play. There is a lot that goes into family law cases that you may not know about. As your Port Orange area legal team, our job is to help you through the process of divorce, custody, and other family law representation services. At Cobb Cole, we understand what you’re going through and want to make this process as smooth as possible.
When the time comes to make big decisions about your family’s future, you need an attorney who will protect your rights, make the most of any situation, and bring decades of practical experience to the table. At Cobb Cole, you can rest assured that our family law attorneys are here to help you out with every step of the process and can handle a variety of family law cases, including:
- Spousal Support/Alimony: Our attorneys can help you obtain or prevent paying spousal support.
- Child Custody, Parenting Plans, & Timesharing: Cobb Cole family law attorneys are focused on protecting your rights to your children after divorce or separation. According to Florida law, the amount of child support you will pay or receive usually involves applying the child support guidelines. There are, however, variations in the amount based on certain specific factors. There can also be a difference in child support amounts whether you have joint custody of the children or if the children live with one parent more than the other under a shared custody arrangement. While each case has its nuances, broad factors will help determine the appropriate amount of support to be paid for a child.
- Enforcement & Modification: The enforcement of your divorce decree is essential. We understand the importance of enforcing and modifying orders per what is required in your specific situation and how it affects you and your family. Knowing how to enforce order and what is necessary to have an order modified requires extensive knowledge in the field of family law, which our attorneys at Cobb Cole have.
- Paternity: When two unmarried parents have a child, they are bound by the Florida statutes to address timesharing and child support issues in a paternity action. These issues will be decided by the Judge presiding over the paternity action.
- Pre-Marital (Prenup) & Post-Marital Agreements: One of the potential issues that many individuals face after they tie the knot is how to protect their assets acquired before their marriage or the assets that they bring to the marriage. In these cases, a prenuptial agreement, more commonly referred to as a premarital agreement, can be of great importance. The same goes for protecting assets after a couple has married and decides to end their union. These documents can also help preserve certain benefits that a surviving spouse or partner would otherwise be entitled to upon the passing of their significant other. By having an experienced attorney draft up a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, you can guarantee that your finances and assets will be safeguarded for yourself and your children. Understanding the long-term implications of marriage and divorce is imperative to ensure your assets are protected under state law. When children are involved, it is essential to have proper estate planning to retain your intentions after you pass away.
- Relocation: If you are planning to move while engaged in a family law case, whether it is a divorce, child custody case, or another type of lawsuit pertaining to family law, there are specific legal requirements that must be met. Procedural requirements are designed to give parents the chance to present evidence and testimony at a hearing on the issue of relocation.
- Family Law Appeals: In many cases, a final order from the court can be appealed. However, there is a specific time frame in which appeals can be made. Our attorneys understand that time is of the essence when it comes to appealing an order.
Over the past decade, the divorce rate has remained relatively constant. However, that doesn’t mean there aren’t new challenges for married couples to face. The legal landscape around traditional family law issues continues to evolve. Cobb Cole has been protecting the rights of families in Port Orange for over 95 years and we are proud to serve clients in many practice areas. Over the years, we have developed a reputation for exceptional services and a no-nonsense approach. We achieve this by working hard to understand your goals, staying up to date with legal actions, and using our extensive experience to competently handle each case with professionalism and the utmost attention to detail; this is why our results produce confident clients who can be assured that they’ve made the right choice.
If you are in or are contemplating a divorce that includes children and issues surrounding parenting time, child support, alimony, spousal support, or any other matter involving family law in Florida. In that case, our Port Orange family law attorneys at Cobb Cole are ready to assist you. To schedule a consultation with one of our Port Orange family law attorneys, please call our Daytona Beach Office at 386-255-8171 or Deland Office at 386-736-7700 or complete the intake form below. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.